Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SWEAT is fat crying

Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? Before starting Insanity and P90X I was 215 lbs and I was in denial for a very long time about my weight and overall health. I was constantly tired and lethargic, I had NO energy what so ever and no motivation to do anything physically challenging. I used to myself that this is what comes with age. I pretty much ate everything in site and sat around watching TV or playing video games when I wasn't working! I remember when I got to the point where I only liked what I looked like with clothes on and I was ashamed to even be seen wearing a tank top! I avoided pools and beaches the best I could and when I couldn't avoid them, I would never take off my shirt...even in the water! I remember thinking to myself, how did it get to be this way... I was never "that" guy... what in the heck happened! My confidence was taking a turn for the worse and I had only just turned 30!

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? What inspired me most were thoughts of the what the future would be like for my family after our daughter was born. I remember folks telling me to enjoy my 20's because after 30 it all starts going down hill. It surprised me how many people actually believed that and lived according to that belief. I soon realized that as long as I kept going in the direction that I was currently going in, they would be absolutely right. But then I realized that they would only be right IF I continued in that direction. Being 30 meant that I had technically been a legal adult for only 13 years, so if there was any truth to what people were saying then that would mean that I would have no control over my body and health for the next 50 or so years! There was NO WAY I was going to let that happen, especially not with a newborn baby girl! If I was going to change the direction of my future for anyone I had to change it for her! I owed her and my family much more than a slow decline. They deserve better!




Why did you choose the particular program? I started my original transformation with Insanity and P90X but for this particular challenge I chose Asylum because I am an Insanity PSYCHO,looking for a challenge! I figured what better way to enter a challenge than with... well a Challenge! LOL! And BOY I sure got what I asked for and some!!! Let me say for the record that Insanity ASYLUM is THE ABSOLUTE MOST CHALLENGING, MOST DIFFICULT, yet MOST FUN WORKOUT EVER PUT ON DVD!!! And I'm smiling 'cause I love it!

What in particular did you like about the program you chose? What I loved most about Asylum was the fact that it was a test of not only my physical ability but of my mental strength as well! In order to succeed I MUST focus my mind to allow me to keep going when every other fiber in my body gives me reasons to throw in the towel! That in itself is a valuable practice for life in general! And it truly has helped me in other areas! I love it!




Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge? The greatest challenge I faced was actually getting started doing the workouts! Once I started I was good but actually getting started was a problem. I over came that challenge by teaching myself a hard lesson. I delayed a workout one day and ended up doing it late one night. I was so beat the next morning that I couldn't give it my all. I realized that when I get it over and done with I get to enjoy my entire day and get to bed on time. If the hardest part of my day if the workout, the rest of the day will be easy!!

Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? I was able to achieve a six pack for the very first time in my life! It's not just the six pack though, it's the fact that a shirt is now optional! LOL! Not only that, but I'm in better overall health than most people 10 or more years younger than me and I'm only 32!

~ Taken from Beachbody Success Stories - Matt J.






12 comments:

  1. Great transformation! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational. Keep up the great work. I appreciate the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!!!! yes, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweat is fat crying... I like that. Congratulations on your hard work. What a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing transformation! Keep up the incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing transformation. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love SUCCESS STORIES! They are sooooo inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete