Wednesday, January 11, 2012

stres


stress

  [stres]
noun
1.
importance or significance attached to a thing; emphasis: tolay stress upon good manners.
2.
Phonetics emphasis in the form of prominent relativeloudness of a syllable or a word as a result of special effortin utterance.
3.
Prosody accent or emphasis on syllables in a metricalpattern; beat.
4.
emphasis in melody, rhythm, etc.; beat.
5.
the physical pressure, pull, or other force exerted on onething by another; strain.


I hate stress.  Here we are eleven days into January and I am so stressed out.  The year has just begun and this is not how I wanted to start it.  How do you handle stress?

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one
thought over another."

-William James

So... you're telling me that it is my own fault that I am stressed?  I have chosen to be stressed?  That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?  

I guess if I take the time to think about it, I let things weigh me down.  But those things are still present, how do I reverse that process and not let them weigh me down?  What do I do with them to keep them from stressing me out?  

Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment