Friday, February 1, 2013

Thirty ~ Seeing Others

We all do it.  Tease, joke, poke fun.  I guess it seems funny at the time, and often they even laugh, too.  But, if we look at it, its not very nice.  It is taking the negative and screaming it out to others, and asking them to laugh about it.  It doesn't make the other person feel very good about themselves either.  Or you, for that matter.

What about gossip.  You can't tell me that you don't do it.  You do it.  We all do it.  Is it a positive thing?  How often are you gossiping about something good?  Not very often, right? 

"What goes around comes around."  Do we want the good to come around, or are we promoting the bad to come back our direction?  If we are talking bad, then we will get bad.  If I'm always making fun of people, I guarantee they are just waiting for me to do something so that they can point it out and take their turn laughing at me.  When I look at it that way, it seems awfully silly to think that I'd wanna poke fun at anyone.  Let's flip that around.

If I am always pointing out the good things and talking good about people, will that come back around?  YES.  If all I do is good, good is bound to come back to me. 

Try for half a day not to say or imply anything negative about the people in your life today.  After you've successfully done thins, get in touch with yourself and ask, "Did that feel good?"

If we can focus on seeing and pointing out the good in everyone, we will develop a sense of genuine caring for everyone.  We will seek out good and proclaim it.  People will like us and want to spend more time with us because we are kind and this kindness breeds happiness. 

What we say builds what we feel.  If we talk bad about someone, then we feel negative about them.  With this view, we will only see the bad in them and proclaim it.  We can't help but feel negative and start attacking ourselves. 


 Warren, S. 2010, 7 Ancient Keys To Happiness, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment