Friday, March 2, 2012

Jen Trulson ~ Love life, be you

Jen Trulson is an amazing, beautiful woman that radiates love... she inspires me to be a better me...
I often stalk her blog and today I found this posting and wanted to share it with you.  Make sure to click on the READ MORE below so that you can see the rest of her post, as well as discover all the awesome things there are to know about Jen.  I think that this 12n12 idea is a good one...


...Each month pick a practice you want to incorporate into your life by adding or letting go of something. 12 goals, intentions, quests – call it what you want! The kicker is – you only have to do it consistently, every day, for a month. There is something so refreshing and releasing about this. Who can’t do something every day for one month.
When I think about making changes in my life, the ones I want for a lifetime and I feel paralyzed. I think ahead, big mistake. Future focus takes me out of the NOW.
The thought… ‘I only have to do this today and for one month’ – FREEING.
Refocus to the now. What would you love to incorporate in your life this month? What sounds really yummy – it may be challenging but exciting to say, “I DID IT FOR one entire month! Yay me! I ROCK!”

Per fitarella, here’s the scoop and how it works…
Pick one thing to do consistently every day for a month (ideas below.) It can be something new you want to try, something you want to get better at or something you want to see if you can live without. Commit to doing this thing every day for that month no matter what, even when you don’t want to, even when it hurts, even when it sucks. The practice is the reward. Once the month is up, you’ll start your next thing. You may or may not want to continue the previous month’s practice longer if it’s working for you, however, you still need to introduce something new for the new month.

Map out their entire year or be a month-to-month kinda girl (that’s me). What I find fun, you get to the end of 2012 and look at all the cool things you did, tried or let go of – whether you did them the entire month or not. We are so hard on ourselves and tend to look at what we didn’t accomplished versus giving ourselves a big pat on the back, air smooch and kudos at what we did do!




No comments:

Post a Comment