Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day Twenty Four - Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life!

24.  Ladies - go on and burn those "special" scented candles, use the 600 thread count sheets, good china, and wear the fancy lingerie now.  Stop waiting for a special occasion.  Everyday is special!


Right now is very special, not in a little while, not tomorrow, not next month.  RIGHT NOW
Everyday is special because I am alive so everyday I pledge to do at least one or maybe all of the following:
  • I will wear my special clothes
  • I will use the special china
  • I will read a couple of pages of a good book
  • I will learn something new even if it is a new word
  • I will call a friend
  • I will make amends
  • I will buy myself a gift even if it is something small or silly
  • I will buy my loved ones gifts
  • I will give money to charity without thinking about it
  • I will remind myself that I am amazing
  • I will remind my loved ones that they are amazing
  • I will not complain but I will be grateful for the blessings in my life
  • I will take the time to be good to myself
  • I will stop caring what the world thinks
Because after all I am alive and that is so special


Embrace everything.

Exhale expectations. Accept imperfections and not-how-I-pictured-it’s.
When a problem, issue or concern arises, we confront it with entrenched expectations, forceful wants, and ego-dominated will. Instead, practice making your first reaction no different than when you realize the day’s weather after first peaking out the window in the morning.
  • The skillful sailor doesn’t curse the wind in his face. He angles his schooner to capture the gale and gust, and cuts across the waves all the same. The seas are providing, not withholding. He embraces everything.
  • The savvy surfer has little choice but to bob upon the waves; to flow with the tides wherever they may go. With neither fight nor complaint, she responds in sync with their every movement. If a wave comes, she may ride upon it or pass over it, or dive through to meet the placid ocean beyond. She embraces everything.
  • The prudent card player has no choice but to embrace how his and the dealer’s hands are dealt. He must anticipate, but cannot predict, what cards may next fall. Folding his hand — exercising patience, acceptance, humility — is simply a part of the game. He embraces everything.
Try to achieve this outlook just 10% of the time. Start small. Make it a gentle habit.
Soon, the agony and anguish of petty problems dissipates. Venomous barbs and embittered quips pass off of your resistant skin and evaporate into oblivion.

Your mind is a powerhouse, and its positive focus will fuel you.

But mental-emotional stubbornness is stagnating: spiritually stifling. Embrace is innovative: spiritually engaging.
The genius of embracing everything is that it requires less effort than you’d think — there’s less friction, fewer obstructions. And it liberates you to engage in what matters most, and deserves far more of your love and attention.










No comments:

Post a Comment