Monday, July 23, 2012

Day Nine - Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life

9.  Dream more while you are awake!

Last week was a whirlwind for me.  So many things going on and it just seems like there is never enough time to accomplish everything.  The reason that I wanted to share this list of 40 things is because I felt that it had a lot of great tips that I needed to adopt into my own daily life.  I figured if I could use them, then there's a good chance somebody else out there could use them too!  

Walking has become such an important part of the day.  I do a lot of walking at work, and this counts as far as exercise, but doesn't really count under the context of this 40 day motivation that we are doing.  When you take the time to walk and open your eyes and ears to what is around you, you are waking up senses that are kind of sleeping at other times.  If I am walking alone, it is kind of a quiet time for me where I listen to what is going on inside my heart and my body too.   I'm learning that this is an important thing to do.  

My life has gotten a little simpler since we made the leap and got a DVR.  We used to schedule our events and such around TV shows; we can't go diving that night because there is just too much on TV.  Phooey!  Well, now, its all set up to record the shows and we can do what we want, when we want.  Looking back, it is so silly to schedule life around the television.  What a ridiculous thought!

Today's tip is to dream more while you are awake.  What does this mean for you?  I made the realization yesterday that exactly a year ago I was on my way to Bonaire for eight days of amazing diving.  What a bummer to be climbing into the cold green waters of the Puget Sound and thinking of the amazing warm blue waters of the Caribbean.  Bad visibility aside, it was a good dive last night and its better than no dive at all!  


We want to go back to Bonaire but it just isn't in the budget this year.  We are planning on going sometime next year and I have just started trying to figure out when.  This is where my dreaming comes in.  I have been spending time on the Internet researching and "dreaming" of when we can go and if we should stay somewhere new, and what else we should do while we are on the island.  Dreaming is healthy for me because it is kind of a spirit lifter, thinking and planning for what I want to do.

What are some of the things that you dream about?  Do you take the time to research them?  Are they dreams that you even feel you can achieve?  I think you can do anything that you set your mind to.  Now is a great time to pick something, even your wildest dream and sit down and make a plan so you can make it happen!  Share with us what that dream is and how you're going to make it a reality!


No comments:

Post a Comment