Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day Six - Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life!

1.  Take a 10-30 minute walk every day.  While you walk, smile.  It is the ultimate antidepressant.

2.  Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.  Buy a lock if you have to!

3.  Buy or lease a DVR (digital video recorder), record your late night shows and get more sleep!

4.  When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement:  "My purpose is to _______________ today."

5.  Live with the 3 "E's"  - Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy!
 
6.  Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did last year.




I am all for this one!  I have found that my family really enjoys watching movies together.  It is a big bonding moment that doesn't require anything but to actually be in the same room together experiencing whats on the screen together.   We do have trouble agreeing on a movie at times depending on who is home, but for the most part movie night is awesome!  It seems that the main theme is always horror movies, and sometimes action.  A few times, my daughter and I have gone to the local two dollar theatre to catch a "chick flick."

It seems that these days the games have all gone electronic.  I know that a lot of people think that this is great, and perhaps it is, but it seems that no one sits down at the table and plays a game together.  People will sit and play a game on the computer, on the television, or even on their cell phone, but no one plays board games anymore!  The technology ages have taken away family time!!!  I remember growing up, my mom would have friends over and we would play all kinds of board games till early hours of the morning.  In fact, that is what we did for our New Year's Eve party every year.  Good times!

Books.  Well, since I started school, I am reading a lot.  I did read a few books last year, but not this year at all.  If I sit down to start a new book, I can't focus on it because I am feeling guilty that if I am going to take the time to read, I should probably be reading my school books.  Needless to say, I haven't read any books this year... other than required reading for school. 










Now it's your turn!  When is your next movie night?
How bout your next game night?   What book are thinking about reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment