Friday, April 6, 2012

H2O Baby!




They always tell you to drink lots of water, but do you know why? Your body is composed of 60 to 70 percent water, and maintaining those water levels allows your body to easily flush out toxins and cellular waste.

Water also transports oxygen and nutrients to your cells, acts as a protective cushion between joints and organs, and helps the kidneys function more effectively. When your kidneys aren't functioning at their best, the liver helps out, and it can't metabolize fat as effectively. So help out your kidneys and your waistline by keeping yourself hydrated.

Even if you're not exercising intensely, you still lose water every day through breathing, urinating, and by eating salty foods or drinking alcohol, so it's important to replenish your levels by drinking half your body weight in ounces of water. For instance, a 130-pound person should drink 65 ounces of water daily.

Plus, as an extra bonus, water can help alleviate hunger by making you feel full!

This article is from... Team Beachbody's Fitness Tips ---->  "The beauty of water" by Gillian Marloth Clark




4 comments:

  1. I try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. I defiantly notice the difference on the days I don't. I drink a combination of still water and unflavored fizzy water. I love the bubble and it keeps me away from coke zero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i had not idea you were suppose to drink that muchhh! i need to up my dose i guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes add the sugar free packets for flavor... it makes the water go down easier, but is it the same?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally believe in the power of water. Like you mentioned, our bodies are made up of about 70% of water and we need it to keep everything working (lubricated, hydrated, etc.). Great post! I think a lot of people wouldn't be ill if they drank their water :)

    ReplyDelete