Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's focus on Success!


Kathy M.
Age: 41
Gender: Female
State: Michigan
Primary Program: P90X®
Supplement: Shakeology®, P90X® Results and Recovery Formula

Here is her success story:


Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body?  

At 270+ lbs and 5'5" I was beyond depressed. I did not love myself like I should. I had 3 beautiful boys that looked up to me as a role model. I felt like a failure and a disappointment. I felt humiliated and ashamed. I had no self confidence and avoided any and all social occasions that I could. I focused on materialistic things to take the focus off of my body. My boys avoided bringing friends over, avoided me taking them to school...not so much because they were ashamed of me but it made them feel bad when people would make fun of me in front of them. They were put in a position to defend me and that was MY job to defend them! I just wasn't living. Each day was literally one day closer to death. My blood pressure was going through the roof. My cholesterol was bad and it was getting very difficult to do normal activities like walking down the street. I was afraid one day soon my boys would be without a Mom.


What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey?
My children and my will to live inspired me to change. My fear of leaving my children inspired me to change. Wanting to set good examples for my family inspired me to change. Wanting to love myself again inspired me to change. Success stories motivated me. Once the results started to show, I WAS MOTIVATING ME!

Why did you choose the particular program?
I chose this program because RESULTS DON'T LIE! I was inspired by all the people who stuck with it and because of their determination and motivation, they BROUGHT it and got the results they wanted. I knew it would be hard but life isn't supposed to be easy. It's meant to be a challenge. Ever changing lessons. It was very difficult in the beginning but quickly I was gaining strength and endurance and each move got easier and easier but NEVER EASY by any means. I was encouraged to modify moves if it was too difficult! This was vital for me due to my injuries. Modification did not mean, fewer results! I took my time and stuck with it which is the basis of the program! I also chose this program because of the nutritional guideline that I felt was exactly what I needed. It was not a fad, it was a lifestyle change and one I felt I could do the rest of my life. Mainly, I chose this program because I didn't feel alone in it. I had many others to support me along the way.

What in particular did you like about the program you chose?
I was able to relate to Tony. He was easy going and explained everything in great detail. He expressed over and over that it can be modified so I felt very comfortable doing it and that there were others out there struggling as well. The moves were very hard but I felt they were in proper form. I never hurt myself and always felt a good burn.

Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge?

My greatest challenge was consistency. The thought in the beginning of 6-7 days a week was a little overwhelming. I did not do it every day in the beginning. I was not mentally ready. When I was in "the zone" that's when I was able to commit and do the program as it was intended to be done. Consistency is still a struggle for me. There are always excuses for not being able to work out but it has to be a part of you and who you are NOT A TASK OR CHORE. Like getting up and going to work...it's just what you do. Thanks to the progress I've made, I know I can overcome anything. I recently had emergency gall bladder surgery which forced me to take it easy and bloated up quite a bit. I didn't gain much weight back but did see my measurements change a little. I am 20 lbs from my goal! I will do it because I already have!


Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of?
I started at 270 lbs and at 5'5" I was quite large. I did not have a nice shape either. I felt very deformed. I was able to lose 120 lbs. with the combination of eating healthy and lots of hard work with exercise. Utilizing p90x, weight training and cardio. I am most proud of my health. I can outrun my boys in a 50 yard dash! My blood pressure is now perfect where before I was near being hospitalized. I can run, not walk. I can basically do anything that I want. What I most proud of, the big moment that is so emotional. My boys coming up to me and telling me how good I look and how proud they are of me. Watching them "steal" my p90x discs so they can work out in their bedrooms. They are following the example and this is what it's all about. Being able to fit in that roller coaster and having to tighten the seat belt is a very close second place for achievements! But, by far having my health and my boys following my lifestyle is EVERYTHING! I am still going at it.

***Update 05/24/2012  Kathy was flown out to the Dr. Oz show for an interview!  It airs May 4th!





No comments:

Post a Comment