Monday, March 25, 2013

Fifty eight ~ (Not so) good friends

We all have that one friend... the one we love to hang out with... but we always seem to have trouble when we're with them..

Good friends care about your feelings and don't purposely do anything to hurt or embarrass us. 

Good friends like who we are, not what we can give them. 

Good friends will still be our friend regardless of who else is around.

Good friends care about us and will go out of their way to help or protect us.

Good friends know their own self-worth and will not tolerate us abusing them.

The better we treat our friends, the better friends we will attract.  First things first, stay away from the the not so good friends.  Second, lets consciously CHOOSE a good friend.  Finally, build the good relationships and abandon the bad ones. 

  • Reflect and ask yourself... Are there any friends I have in my life that drag me down?
  • Are there any people in my life that I feel positive and uplifted after talking to?
  • How can I start to fill my life with people who have a positive effect on me?
This exercise is a must for those who want to build up a life of bliss.  We can construct a new, happier life by working step by step to an idealistic reality.  We can choose our friends to be people that make us feel good.  We don't have to be stuck with the same drag-me-down crowd that we've always had.  Life can be different.

It's up to you... look at what you've got and make changes where needed... sounds simple enough to me!




Warren, S. 2010, 7 Ancient Keys To Happiness, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment