Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nine ~ Living in the Real world

We are all different people and see things in different ways.  One person make look at your situation and see something completely different than what you see.  Does that make them wrong?  Does that make you wrong?  It all depends on our focus.  Do we see the good in everything or do we focus on the bad?   When we see the bad we spend all of our time complaining about how awful things are.  We like to tell others about how miserable our life is so we will feel better knowing that they feel sorry for us.  I have actually found myself trying to find someone in a worse situation than me just so I could listen to them complain awhile and feel better about my own miserable situation.

It's time to look at our perception of things and tweak it just a little (or maybe a lot) so that we are seeing the good in everything, not the bad. 

Focus on something in your life right now that is causing you grief.  Now try to find the goodness that lies in the problem.  Example:  My child has been in the hospital for 3 days.  The goodness I see in this is I've noticed so much kindness has been extended to me by so many people, I appreciate my child so much more and we have grown closer as a result of this incident.

There is a shift somewhere that we have to find where we realize that happiness is a reality, not just a place to escape to now and then.  Happiness is something that we can achieve even in the middle of our burdens.  This exercise helps us to see life in a different light.  You don't have to look at the negative.  Focus on the good, find the good, it is there in everything.





 Warren, S. 2010, 7 Ancient Keys To Happiness, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform




9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of always being positive but I love the "glass is always full" image better! First time I've seen that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! I was tickled to find that picture as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I hope your child is OK and gets to come home soon. It's so inspiring that you can focus on something so positive in a situation like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo Paul; that "glass half full" image is a winner. I also hope you child gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing about my child being in the hospital was just an example. My kids are all well, but thank you for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The glass is always full =)

    ReplyDelete