Monday, January 14, 2013

Part 1 Recap ~ Days One through Thirteen



We are about to begin Part 2 of the 7 Ancient Keys to Happiness and I wanted to spend today recapping what we've already learned so we don't get ahead of ourselves.  I think that it is important to make sure we are ready to continue.  These questions (and answers) should be written down in a journal or a notebook so that you can refer back to them whenever you need to...


  1. Getting in touch ~ Take some quiet time to see if you can hear that quiet voice.
  2. Learning to listen ~ Find the quiet again: "What can I do today to increase the levels of joy that I feel in my life?"
  3. Keeping in touch ~ Listen to the quiet voice and try to do something that it is telling you to do: "Today I will try to take one step towards..."
  4. Two are better than one ~ find your quiet and ask: "Who would make a good lifelong friend?"  See if they would like to join you on this journey towards inner bliss.
  5. Starting the cruise ~ "What does happiness mean to you?"  Write down 3 ways your life would be different if you lived in a state of happiness.
  6. First stop ~ See the good around you:  Sit down and write a list of all the good things that you have; physical, people, emotional.  See if you can add 5 things to each category each day of the week.
  7. When good goes stale ~ Pick one of the following and try to become a connoisseur of the thing you have chosen for a day:  an experience, a possession, a relationship.
  8. It is all up to us ~ reflect and ask yourself "Is there anyone in my life that I'm really waiting for to make me happy?"  The next time we hear ourselves blaming someone, resolve to stop, turn things around and ask "How can I see the good or positive in this situation?"
  9. Living in the real world ~ Think about a problem you have at the moment.  What goodness lies within this problem?  See the problem as the background, what is the good?
  10. The energizer ~ Stop and pause.  It's time to pat ourselves on the back and motivate ourselves by using the kind and loving side of our personalities.  Find something to pat yourself on the back for everyday.
  11. Conditional Contentment ~ Get quiet and ask "What would I really like to do with my life if I had all the money I needed?"  Analyze your answer and see if you can change it a little to achieve it now.  "What can I do now (given I don't have the money) to live my dream?"
  12. You owe it to yourself & others ~ Commit to yourself today: "From today onwards I will walk on the path of trying to see and speak about the goodness in everyone and everything ~ past, present and future." 
  13. Making Good Better ~ Dream a great dream.  It is a dream of who you could really be... the ultimate me.  What would I look like?  What do I want to be?  How would I like my friends, family and coworkers to describe me?  What would I like written on my tombstone or said at my funeral?  

Key Number One ~ See The Good ~  Seeing the good in everything is the skeleton key that opens all doors.  Every block we have in our lives is due to not being able to see the good that lies within the situation.  once we learn the art of extracting the good from every experience, situation, person or interaction we will find we are able to sail smoothly and happily through life - wherever life happens to lead us. 






Warren, S. 2010, 7 Ancient Keys To Happiness, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment