Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ten ~ The Energizer

The words that we say to our selves are so incredibly powerful.  If you fill your head with negative self talk, you will fail.  Maybe that's a little harsh.  You will probably fail.  We are all full of hopes and dreams with the ability to achieve them.  If you aren't your own biggest fan, who is?  You have to believe that you can do it, and then talk yourself all the way through it.  Cheer yourself on.  Fill your head with the good thoughts "I can do this!"

If I had a friend that talked to me the way that I talk to myself, they wouldn't be my friend anymore.  I am really abusive in my self-talk.  We need to learn to love ourselves.  Why can I support and talk others through their troubles when I am so unwilling to do so with myself?  Shouldn't I be the most important?  Yes, I should. 

Pause for a moment.  It's time to treat ourselves a little better.  Here's an idea... "Well done.  You've spent ten days towards a life of happiness.  You've been persistent and dedicated and you're learning."  "Good job!"

Take a look at all of the other things that have been happening in your day to day lives.  What else are you deserving of praise for?  Go to the Inner Bliss group and share with the group.  What is the one thing you are deserving of praise for today?

One of the biggest challenges to happiness is when we think negative thoughts about ourselves, or call ourselves mean names.  Self criticism can lead to depression.  We need to learn to practice good self talk until it becomes a habit and all we do is tell ourselves how wonderful we are!  Using a holistic happiness approach to motivating ourselves will bring us to levels of happiness that are higher than we've ever felt.  We will also notice that we will become motivated and have the stamina to keep going with and achieving our goals. 



Warren, S. 2010, 7 Ancient Keys To Happiness, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment